All measurements in mm. except angles
Geometry with 395 mm fork length, 50 rake and 14 mm headset
Developing the Far Away model proved to be quite the challenge. Since we know that a big factor in a bicycle’s performance is its geometry, we encountered a huge problem: most “Gravel” or “Bikepacking” bicycles are derived from cyclo-cross or road bikes with highly vertical angles, short reach, and a long stem. After trying out several models from other brands, we knew that our Far Away model could not follow that same route. That kind of geometry makes the bikes shaky: ideal for a sprint at the final length of a race, but not for making long, cross-country journeys over different terrains that might include mountainous regions. For us, the world of Gravel and Bikepacking is extensive, and we had to lend our Far Away model a more comfortable feel while also being stable and simply more fun than the current cannons.
Once we figured out the kind of behaviour we were looking for, we designed the first prototypes with a wide reach, a low bottom bracket, and a very tilted head angle. On top of this geometry, we added a triangular platform in the rear designed to offer maximum shock absorption. It has multiple luggage rack threads so that you can carry all the equipment and water you could ever need. After the first few prototype trials, we realised that we had finally achieved the results we wanted: the bikes are very comfortable, either loaded up for a long trip or just for taking it out for a quick, few-hour run down the local routes. This new geometry makes it easy to traverse different kinds of terrain that were once thought to be impossible for this kind of bicycle. With our objective achieved, Far Away truly delivers on everything we had hoped it would be.
With the aim of enjoying any route or journey to the fullest without having to worry about the length of the trip or the kind of terrain, we armed our Far Away with several different technical solutions:
– The use of double-butted 3Al 2.5V titanium, along with the design of the rear seatstays, lends the bike very high shock and vibration absorption qualities without having to use rotary shafts or insert elastomers, which end up causing problems when they loosen, like making unwanted noise and/or simply being unreliable.
– A fixing system for travel bags, doing away with belts that might damage the frame, while allowing you to take along more cargo without having its weight shift around. Soon, we will add different bag sizes to our catalogue so that you can find the ones that best suit your needs.
– Four different fixing for bottle cages in the frame and the option to fixing a rear luggage rack and a mudguard.
– The 68mm threaded BSA bottom bracket has been proven to be the most reliable while also eliminating unwanted noise.
– Ability to install large tires up to 700 x 50c or 650b x 2.1 to ride over any type of terrain.
– Option to use 1X or 2X drivetrain for greater freedom of choice.
– Total internal cable routing. In addition to giving the bicycle a much more attractive and clean aesthetic, it protects the cables and hoses from possible breakage from friction or snagging.
– Frame set up to install an adjustable seat post with internal cable routing.
– Interchangeable titanium derailleur hanger for better reliability.
– Five-year warranty for the original buyer..